Eloping can be a beautifully intimate and personal way to get married!
Here's a step-by-step guide on getting married on Wrightsville Beach!
- Get your Special Permit: You'll need a Special permit from Parks and Rec of Wrightsville Beach. There's a $130 fee for less than 200 people.
- Obtain a Marriage License: You’ll need a marriage license from New Hanover County. There's no waiting period after getting the license, and it's valid for 60 days. There's a $60 Fee.
- Choose a Location: Wrightsville Beach offers various picturesque spots. I would suggest Beach Access 2.
- Hire an officiant: We provide an In-House Officiant
- Plan Your Ceremony: Decide if you want a simple vow exchange or a small ceremony with an officiant. In North Carolina, you need two witnesses for your marriage to be legally valid.
- Congrats you're ready to get married on Wrightsville Beach!
Other things you can do!
Wrightsville Beach Permit & Marriage License
Getting your Wrightsville Beach Permit & Marriage License can all be done in one day! It's also possible to get married in one day. Just check with our officiant + photographer. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valid Photo IDs of both parties
- $190 for WB Special Permit & Marriage License
- Important Appointment at Register of Deeds
List of Forms you'll need
- Parks and Rec Special Permit: Fill out this Form | $130 for the permit
- New Hanover Marriage License: Fill out this Form | $60 for the license
- Register of Deeds: Schedule it here | Both parties must be present and have a valid photo ID
- Any officiant but we have an In-House Officiant Eddie with Pink Penguin Studios
- Have 2 witnesses or we can provide you one here
Save these important phone numbers
Register of Deeds: (910) 798-4530
Wrightsville Beach Parks and Rec: (910) 256-7925
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost for a special permit in Wrightsville Beach?
To get a Special Events Permit in Wrightsville Beach, you'll need to submit the form, and pay $130 over the phone, check or in person.
Long does it take to get the Special Permit?
You can get the special permit within 24-48 Hours. it is possible to get a special permit as soon as the end of the day.
How much does a marriage license cost?
To get a North Carolina Marriage License, you will need to pay $60. Over the phone or in person.
Meet the Elopement Photographer + Guide
Hey! I'm Glenn
I am a Wedding and Portrait Photographer Based in Wilmington, NC.
If you're looking for someone who will take care of the permits, officiant, and photography, were here for you!
To get started, please fill out the form below and we'll send you a message!
Submit your inquiry here!
All Inclusive Package - $1500
2 Hour Elopement Photography + more
WB Guidance + Creative Planning
Special Event Permit up to 200 Guests